Animal advocates in Granville County are hoping county officials will consider a recent grant offer by HSUS NC director Kim Alboum to get rid of the animal shelter’s gas chamber. Members of the North Carolina Responsible Animal Owners’ Alliance, a group that supports the use of the gas chamber to kill shelter pets, are arguing for Granville County to refuse the grant and keep its gas chamber in operation.
It’s important that county leaders understand that the barbaric gas chamber is a throwback to our less-civilized past and has no place in a modern, humane animal shelter. Animal advocates need to contact the Granville County manager and commissioners (see contact info below) and urge them to end the use of and remove the gas chamber from the county animal shelter. A sample letter can be used as a template for your own letters to these officials. More points to use in a letter can be found in the American Humane Association gas chamber fact sheet.
Granville County officials’ contact information:
County Manager: Brian Alligood, email@example.com, P.O. Box 906 Oxford, NC 27565, 919-693-5240
- Edgar Smoak: firstname.lastname@example.org, 407 East F Street, Butner, NC 27509
- David T. Smith: email@example.com, 207 Holly Drive, Oxford, NC 27565
- Zelodis Jay: firstname.lastname@example.org, 8009 Highway 96 North, Oxford, NC 27565
- R. David Currin, Jr.: email@example.com, 2578 Joe Pruitt Road, Oxford, NC 27565
- Tony W. Cozart: firstname.lastname@example.org, 4056 Peace’s Chapel Road, Oxford, NC 27565
- Ed Mims: email@example.com, 2204 Regent Court,Creedmoor, NC 27522
- Timothy Karan: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2763 Garland Court, Creedmoor, NC 27522